Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Most Influential Shows of Our Time

Clarissa and I have been gchatting and we thought a cool blog idea would be to create a list of the top most memorable and influential shows of our lifetimes. Comment and add more because I'm sure we forgot tons. enjoy!

1. Saved by the Bell - I don't really think I need to elaborate on this one. Both the College Years AND High School were probably defining times in all of our lives. Who didn't want to be Kelly? Or date Zach? Only crazies...
2. Boy Meets World - God.. I still dream of having hair like Topanga
3. Hey Dude - Ted was so dreamy
4. Secret World of Alex Mack - not only did I want her powers (if you don't remember, she was involved in a chemical plant spill and could morph into a puddle, among many things) but her overalls were AWESOME. And her crush was really hot.
5. Sex & the City - no description necessary
6. Dawson's Creek - I may have been the only one NOT rooting for Dawson and Joey to end up together ( I always loved Pacey). The last episode was so gosh darn sad.
7. Reading Rainbow/Magic Schoolbus - I don't remember much about Reading Rainbow other than the catchy song... but I definitely remember Miss Frizzle and her wacky antics. Always running into trouble..
8. Mr. Rogers - I feel like he's my grandpa. I dont know why he felt it necessary to put on his shoes every day in front of us all, but I think it made me like him more. I miss him. It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood
9. Friends - say what you will, but not a day goes by when I dont have some appropriate time to quote this show.
10. Fresh Prince of Belair - duh.
11. Home Improvement - Probably my first serious crush... JTT. Remember when he left the show to go to Costa Rica? I think that's when it went downhill
12. 7th Heaven: Who doesn't want to watch a family with SEVEN children and a preacher as a father? My life would not have been complete without seeing both Ashlee Simpson AND Lance Bass try to act.
13. The OC - This show was a must-see my freshman year of college. Awesome music, GREAT clothes. Hot actors. Lots and LOTS of drama. Everything you could want.
14. The Real World - come on, don't act like you don't like it. America's first REALITY show?? Throw 7 strangers in a house and you're bound to have some quality television. Especially when most of them have drug addictions, alcoholism or some kind of emotional baggage. Awesome.
15. The Nanny - I dont care how annoying her voice was... this show was phenomenal. I still know the whole theme song. fact. (also if you're in the mood for another quality Fran Drescher film: rent The Beautician and the Beast. Classic)
Honorable Mention: Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Salute Your Shorts, Touched by an Angel, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Goosebumps, All That, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Grey's Anatomy, Doug, David the Gnome, Maya the Bee (anybody?? ANYBODY?) Eureka's Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment