Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lesson #2: Men vs. Boys

This will probably be one of many posts about men; not that I know a lot about them. I just think about them from time to time. In my 23 years I've had about ONE relationship. If you can define "relationship" as 2 years (on and off) with someone who turns out to be a compulsive liar that cheats with 17 year old high school chicks on spring break. Yep. It's been rough. Since then I have pretty much resorted to making out with a lot of randoms, and going on the occasional date with whatever douchebag actually asks me out.

Living in a city like Dallas has proven to have both positive and negative aspects when it comes to the whole dating scene. Coming from San Antonio where the majority of it's population was either tourists or Mexicans that spoke little to no english, it is definitely refreshing to be in a city where I am actually surrounded by a large population of the opposite sex that is both attractive and in the same age group. Now if we could only work on the whole Douchebag factor, I'd probably be golden. Going out in Dallas, I find myself constantly amazed by the types of men around me, especially in the uptown area. From Affliction Ts to Ed Hardy. Spiky hair. Earrings (sometimes)... these men CLEARLY spend more time in front of the mirror than I do. Not to mention the amount of time everyone spends working out. Girls are equally bad, especially if you get to the more clubby bars (Aura, Suite, Joyce, etc.) These girls look like actual Barbie Dolls in the fake way. Aka, fake tits, bleach blond hair, orange-ish tans. Not gonna lie, the "competition" can be a little overwhelming. But when you're competing for the typical "dallas" dudes, I guess it really doesn't even matter that much. I mean, I've been on dates here with guys who ONLY talk about their money, who may or may not be gay, to guys whose only conversation involves how much they can drink or what they did one time when they were "soooooooo hammered".

To combat this constant struggle, however, I have found a temporary solution. Warning though: this is probably not the most effective method of finding a lasting and fulfilling relationship. But i guarantee it will provide you with a great time and a fun, awesome story to tell and look back on with fond memories. If you get really wasted and hang out with guys that are younger (not TOO much younger, but like around the 21 age group), they will buy you drinks and you can just make out with them and dance all night. Having done this not once but TWICE in the past 7 days, I have also found that they are much more complimentary and probably think more highly of you because you are older, wiser and therefore cooler than most of the girls their age. Disclaimer: you may not get actual DATES by utilizing this method, but you are guaranteed a fun time and free drinks and shots all night. Think about it.

Lesson learned: Until I find an awesome, older, smarter and more successful man that I can actually have intelligent conversation with, it is probably in my best interest to just hang out with awesome younger guys because they are more fun and take things less seriously.

3 comments:

  1. Your boyfriend probably learned the same lesson when he cheated on you with a 17 year old

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you talking SMU boys or HP boys? How much younger than 23 are you talking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm talking about guys that are TWENTY ONE and legal to drink... come on people, what do you take me for?

    ReplyDelete